(0) Introduction and who we are
Dotmatics Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (referred to as “we” or “us” in this policy. Dotmatics Inc and Dotmatics Australia Pty Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Dotmatics Limited.We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal data.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
(a) information about your visits to and use of this website including information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.;
(b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
(2) Information about website visits
We may use the personal data we collect from your visit to this website in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may send a cookie which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognize your computer when you visit our website, and to personalize our website for you. Our advertisers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookie by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.)
(3) Using your personal data
(a) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(b) send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology;
(c) send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
(4) Other disclosures
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
(5) International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
We will ensure that such transfer is compliant with data Protection laws and that all personal data will be secure.
(6) Security of your personal data
We will take precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our security precautions include but are not limited to encryption of data, internal policies setting our data security approach and training employees on these measures.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
(7) How long do we keep your personal data.
We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary. The longest period would be six (6) years.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Your rights
You have the following rights:
– the right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten);
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
– the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
– the right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
(10) Third party websites
We have appointed a representative in the EU. You can contact them by post at Taylor Vinters Europe Limited, Clifton House, Fitzwilliam Street Lower, Dublin, Dublin, D02 XT91, Ireland, or by email at email@example.com.