For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Development Team Leader to manage nearshore and local developers on a new product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate and lead local and nearshore development team.
- Line management responsibility and personal development of a team of local and nearshore developers.
- Manage delivery of complex development project from inception to delivery.
- Maintaining robust communication with key stakeholders throughout development life cycle.
- Overall responsibility for task prioritisation, assignment and execution.
- Ensure awareness and adherence with quality management processes.
- Release management and planning.
- Risk management and issue identification.
- Build and support a highly performant development team.
- Work closely with product management team to coordinate development and liaise with key project stakeholders.
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as UML, ERD.
- Work with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
Skills and Requirements
- 7+ years commercial experience working with Java back-end services (REST APIs, Spring, servlets).
- Proven track record of effectively managing and leading a development team.
- Excellent understanding of object oriented principles and design.
- Comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in designing, building and testing software.
- Experience in following is essential: Java, Spring, Relational Databases (Oracle), Agile methodologies, SCRUM, development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Ideally, relevant experience with workflow and decision automation tools such as Activiti, Camunda and BPMN.
- Proficiency with source control systems such as Git.
- Exposure to a multitude of technologies, methodologies, principles and patterns.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Comprehensive awareness and understanding of software development best practices.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent delegation and time management skills.
This role will be based in our Bishops Stortford office (with flexible working) after government guidance suggests it is safe to return to office work. Until that time, this is a remote role.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com with you CV. Dotmatics UK Headquarters is based in Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND) with regular trains from Liverpool St and Cambridge.