For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Technical Writer” to join our team.
Dotmatics is seeking an experienced Scientific Technical Writer with the background to understand the context and usage of the Dotmatics software products to join our rapidly growing team. As a Technical Writer, you will have responsibility for the content, quality, and compliance with internal and external standards in the timely creation of software documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit and proof-read technical documentation including but not limited to user guides, admin guides, release notes and API documentation.
- Clearly and accurately prepare all types of documentation ready for external releases as well as internal updates.
- Communicate effectively and work closely with Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Project Management and Application Scientists.
- Ensure documentation is compliant with relevant standards and contractual agreements.
- Suggest and coordinate documentation improvements.
- Increase in understanding of the Dotmatics product suite, installation, admin and usage.
Skills and Requirements
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight as well as collaboratively within a virtual team in a global, challenging multi-cultural environment.
- Work with a sense of urgency and accuracy, being very attentive to detail.
- Possess tool familiarity, or be quick to learn, with JIRA, Confluence, screen capture and editing, page layout, basic CSS styling, possibly video capture and production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Experience and understanding of relevant scientific workflows would be a plus.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. This role will be based in Bishops Stortford (once office working is possible. Until then it is a remote role). We have additional offices in San Diego, Boston, Korea, and Japan.