For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Business Analyst (SaaS KPI)” to join our team.
Due to the continued growth in our business, Dotmatics is adding a new position within our finance and analysis team.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, in this role you will work closely with all of our departments (sales & marketing, operations, development and finance) to understand business questions and provide analysis to help answer commercial problems.
Your role will be to enhance, maintain and provide analysis across the key metrics for our Saas based business. You will help to develop and run our reporting and analytics and provide key insights from the data to inform management decision making for sales, project management, and technical effectiveness and efficiency.
You will need to take ownership of the datasets and challenge department leads to assist in developing and improving the data capture that drives the metrics, and you will have the chance to input into decisions and the implementation of new tools to drive automation in this process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve, manage and maintain the business analytics used in the organization.
- Create, monitor and analyse key KPI’s, specifically around enterprise SaaS metrics.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investor decks, board packs and management reports.
- Work closely with department managers to ensure high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency for the organisation.
- Ensure reports and other internal intelligence and insight is provided to the management team. This will include:
- Analysing pipeline data.
- Delivering periodic reporting to the finance team.
- Delivering periodic reporting to department heads to provide key business insights.
- Assist in integrating Salesforce with other systems used within the organisation to develop wider suite of KPI and intelligence reporting.
- Support the production for forecasting and planning (FP&A).
- Analyse pricing metrics and Enterprise Software commercials.
- Identify key data points and implement new processes and systems to analyse and present data to facilitate improved decision making.
- Extensive Adhoc projects as the business scales.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience in previous roles producing financial analysis in a subscription / recurring revenue-based model (SaaS or Enterprise Software highly preferential) using Salesforce.
- Ability to understand the impact of operational initiatives on workflow of other teams in the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others within other areas of the organization.
- Ability to prepare reports and use of appropriate mode of communication.
- Must be proficient at analysing data, building reports and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends using Excel as well as new tools.
- Strong communicational and presentation skills.
- Genuine interest to work in a fast paced / fast growth company.
- Genuine interest to work in a SaaS company.
- Additional Desired Skills and Qualification:
- Previous exposure to Netsuite, Openair, Jira, Power BI would be beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, SQL and other reporting tools.
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com with your CV. Dotmatics UK Headquarters is based in Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND) with regular trains from Liverpool St and Cambridge.