Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Application Scientist” to join our team.
The Application Scientist’s primary role is to implement, configure and develop Dotmatics solutions. In this role you will work closely with our customers to understand their needs, analyse their data environment, assist in design and implementation of our solutions and aid in integration with their data systems. You will also be responsible for demonstrations and training, technical support, and business development where appropriate. This is a highly customer facing role and requires a domain knowledge of drug discover, or a scientific background in biology, chemistry, or chemistry and materials.
- Present the benefits of Dotmatics software and explain the technical architecture to prospective clients.
- Gather and review customer requirements and design integrated Dotmatics suites.
- Install and configure Dotmatics software (particularly Browser, Studies, Studies Notebook, Register and ELN).
- Work effectively within a team.
- Work closely with Dotmatics developers to propose new projects and aid in the development of future versions of the Dotmatics suite.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc, MSc or PhD in a scientific area such as biology or chemistry, or relevant experience.
- A proven track record working as part of a team delivering quality solutions.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical/Industrial chemistry/Biotech environment highly desirable.
- Knowledge of database, data/information management and web architectures preferable.
- Motivated, ambitious and self-starter.
- Willingness to travel as required by the job.
- Fluent Japanese, and spoken English.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. This role is based in Nihonbashi-Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo. We have additional offices in Korea, Boston, San Diego, and London.