For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
We are looking to add a Life Sciences Strategic Account Manager to join our European Sales team. With a proven track record selling technology and information solutions to Pharmaceutical companies, ideally with proven relationships with EU key accounts. A dynamic self-starter who has the ability to network and manage relationships across many different functions within a complex global organisation. The appointed person will be responsible for developing and implementing an effective global account strategy through collaboration with Strategic Account Team members, the Custom Solution Team & Customer Training. A strong communicator to both senior management and scientific end users in addition to the ability to clearly articulate an in-depth understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities will be essential for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistently exceed annual sales target by winning new business and developing and maintaining existing accounts.
- Drive successful contract negotiations.
- Confidently predict and articulate Dotmatics’ vision to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service and account management to build and maintain client relationships and renewal business within the Strategic Accounts.
- Devise overall strategy for strategic accounts, which includes an organisation profile, an analysis of revenues, relationship profiles for contacts, SWOT analysis, use of services, strategy for growth, objectives and implementation schedule of Total Account Management.
- Coordinate strategic Account team from Product Marketing, Applications Science and Support to build and execute vision.
- Conduct regular account development meetings with sales and exec team to develop account awareness within the organisation.
- Maintain an accurate forecast and document all activities in Sales Force, activity, account plans, meeting notes and key information.
- To acquire detailed in-depth knowledge of the company’s products and to keep that knowledge up-to-date.
- Work with Product Management to coordinate regular meeting between Dotmatics and strategic accounts to support strategic direction and roadmap.
- Work with Marketing to build a campaign & event strategy to support larger accounts.
- Maintain a technical knowledge to support understanding of clients requirements and the positioning of Dotmatics solutions.
- To take responsibility for identifying training and developmental needs for yourself on an on-going basis.
Key Success Factors
- 15+ years’ experience in selling enterprise software solutions into life sciences,
pharma and healthcare industries.
- Appropriate granular knowledge of Drug Discovery and research informatics and its
- Proven track record of managing strategic accounts with multi-million revenue plan
- Strong motivating and mentoring skills to communicate a compelling vision to
his/her sales team.
- Solution selling approach, with ability to manage multiple complex technical sales in
large global organisations.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with customers and manage complex
negotiations with C Level contacts.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to get both internal and external
- Good organisational skills with the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a
- Ability to balance new business development with account management
responsibilities in the strategic accounts.
- Motivated and ambitious experienced self-starter.
- Thorough understanding of the Sales process.
- A degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Pharmacology or similar.
- Willing to travel as required by the job.
- Previous experience in the Chemistry, Biology or IT industries required.
- Full Driving License.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.