For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
To support the ongoing expansion of our biologics capabilities, we are looking for an experienced software developer. In this role you will be working on Bioregister, Dotmatics’ web-based system for registering and managing biological entities used in the development of novel biologic compounds.
You will be responsible for rewriting Bioregister’s functionality using current web development tools and frameworks (Spring Boot, ReactJS). In addition to creating new software, there may be some maintenance and development on the current code base, to meet customer requirements. You will be expected to think creatively: implementing new features, and redesigning legacy code.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As an agile company, your work will have an immediate impact on our customers, and you will be expected to be able to manage your work with little supervision
- On rare occasions, the role may also require you to visit our customer and partner sites in the UK and beyond to gather requirements
- Formal training will be provided where needed, but we would expect you to learn 'hands-on' alongside more experienced colleagues
- A degree in any exact science, with relevant programming experience
- At least 4-5 years software development experience, in a commercial or academic environment
- Familiarity with biology/bioinformatics, especially with protein and DNA sequences, is preferred
- Experience in the following would very useful: Spring Boot, SQL, ReactJS, BioJava, web application development
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.