For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a senior Java developer to join our expanding development team in Bishop’s Stortford. In this role you will be developing the next generation of services powering the Dotmatics platform. Formal training will be provided where needed, but we would expect you to learn 'hands-on' alongside more experienced colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with product managers and other stakeholders to refine and elaborate features and development tasks
- Develop high-quality software using clean code and appropriate unit tests
- Work with QA and support teams to triage and resolve defects
- You will be expected to think creatively: suggesting and implementing new features; working to build a culture of continuous improvement
- As well as creating new software there will be some maintenance of existing code
- You will have a degree in Computer Science or similar, or in any scientific discipline with relevant experience
- You must have at least 5+ years Java development experience, preferably within an Agile framework
- Java 8, Spring Boot and JDBC/SQL experience would be highly desirable
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.