For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
The role involves developing and maintaining our web-based software solutions. You will be expected to think creatively: suggesting and implementing new features. You should have knowledge of current web development tools and frameworks (especially Spring and/or React JS) but as well as creating new software there will be some maintenance of legacy code. You will be expected to maintain the code quality and documentation of a small number of junior developers and to help to define development standards and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As an agile company, your work will have an immediate impact on our customers, and you will be expected to be able to manage your work with little supervision
- On rare occasions, the role may also require you to visit our customer and partner sites in the UK and beyond to gather requirements, perform maintenance and carry out installations
- Formal training will be provided where needed, but we would expect you to learn 'hands-on' alongside more experienced colleagues
- You will have a degree in Computer Science or similar, or in any scientific discipline with relevant experience
- Spring (ESPECIALLY Spring Boot) and Oracle/SQL experience would be very useful
- Experience and a liking for agile software development (especially scrum) would be preferred
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.