For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team, reporting to the Associate Vice President of PMO.
Projects can span all domains of our client base including Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals and Materials industries. The projects are typically multi-month, cross departmental, often global and involve one or more technologies. As such, the candidate will need to be highly organized, possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator with various levels within Dotmatics and within the customer organization up to and including VP level.
To be successful you will need to have a solid technical background in either chemistry, biology or life sciences and motivate teams of inter-disciplinary staff within a matrix organization and work independently with a focus on the day-to-day tasks of your multiple projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, plans and manages implementation of technically complex and challenging customer projects across disparate organizations in line with the Dotmatics project lifecycle using waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Oversees the lifecycle of projects resolving complex technical and business problems. Solutions involve proof of concept or industry first projects/issues and encompass all aspects of the project, e.g. equipment, business processes, vendor management, technical implementation, deployment and training.
- Ensures project is compliant with relevant standards, regulatory requirement and contractual agreements. Suggest and coordinate system improvements.
- Provides overall leadership to team leads and project staff both intra- and inter-company.
- Negotiates contract terms for Dotmatics with vendors especially in the development of technical contract terms. Ensures Dotmatics’ interests are addressed by working closely with Application Scientists, Developers, Leadership, Legal and other support organizations ensuring overall success of the project(s).
- Prepares and presents internal executive briefings, including recommendations for executive action.
- Management of project expenditures, both capital and expense and partnering with finance to ensure timely and accurate service invoicing for projects.
- Assists in the creation of proposals and estimates for Service Delivery projects from project extensions with existing customers to working on new proposals with Sales and Pre-Sales.
Skills and Requirements
- Qualified to degree level or similar, Project Management Certification such as PMP, SCRUM CSM desired.
- A successful track record of management and delivery of complex projects and programs in a software environment.
- An understanding of life sciences, chemicals and materials industries.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development.
- Effective and clear communication skills - highly articulate and able to communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Strong results focus with commitment to deliver on time at high quality.
- Self-driven and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and to deadlines.
- Highly visible team player partnering with and developing excellent internal and external relationships at all levels with the global organization.
- Highly organised with exceptional analytical skills coupled with superior presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong matrix management skills with the ability to work and build effective relationships within a virtual team.
- Ability to manage, motivate and work collaboratively in a global, challenging multi-cultural environment.
- Willing and able to travel mainly throughout US.
This role will be based in the Southern California area. During lockdown this is a fully remote position. When restrictions are lifted, occasional office time will be required. Our office is based in San Diego.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV.