For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our rapidly growing team, reporting to the Associate VP of PMO. As a Project Manager at Dotmatics you will have responsibility for the project management and completion of a range of technically complex customer projects with significant business impact (typically > 50 days).
Projects can span all domains of our client base including Life Sciences, Chemicals and Materials industries. The projects are typically multi-month, cross departmental, and involve one or more technologies, possibly involve other vendors and one or multiple countries. As such, the candidate will need to be highly organized, possess exceptional interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator, able to communicate effectively to various levels within Dotmatics and also within the customer organization up to and including VP level.
To be successful you will need to oversee and motivate teams of inter-disciplinary staff within a matrix organization, provide guidance to other Project Managers on their project activities and the challenges they face whilst simultaneously working independently with a focus on the day-to-day tasks of your projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, plans and manages implementation of technically complex and challenging customer projects across disparate organizations in line with the Dotmatics Services Project Lifecycle Methodology
- Familiar with Agile methodology is desirable
- Oversees the lifecycle of projects resolving complex technical and business problems. Solutions involve proof of concept or industry first projects/issues and encompass all aspects of the project, e.g. equipment, business processes, vendor management, technical implementation, deployment and training
- Ensures project is compliant with relevant standards, regulatory requirement and contractual agreements. Suggest and coordinate system improvements
- Provides overall leadership to team leads and project staff both intra- and inter-company. Provides technical guidance, training and mentorship to less experienced project managers
- Negotiates contract terms for Dotmatics with vendors especially in the development of technical contract terms. Ensures Dotmatics’ interests are addressed by working closely with Application Scientists, Leadership and Legal and other support organizations ensuring overall success of the project(s)
- Prepares and presents internal executive briefings, including recommendations for executive action
- Management of project expenditures, both capital and expense and partnering with finance to ensure timely and accurate service invoicing for projects
- Assists in the creation of proposals and estimates for Service Delivery projects from project extensions with existing customers to working on new proposals with Sales and Pre-Sales
- Qualified to degree level or similar, Project Management Certification such as PMP or PRINCE2, beneficial though not essential.
- A successful and verifiable track record of the successful management and delivery of highly complex projects and programs in a software environment.
- A strong commercial understanding combined with project management expertise working within a consulting organization.
- An in depth understanding of processes, workflows and business factors for commercial organizations.
- Knowledge in Business Analysis and Software Engineering.
- An understanding of our client base, including life sciences, chemicals and materials industries.
- Superior communication skills - highly articulate and able to communicate effectively by various means – email, telephone and in person, at all levels within an organization.
- Strong results focus with commitment to deliver on time at high quality.
- Self-driven and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and to deadlines yet a highly visible team player partnering with and developing excellent internal and external relationships at all levels with the global organization.
- Highly organized with exceptional analytical skills coupled with superior presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong matrix management skills with the ability to work and build effective relationships within a virtual team.
- Ability to manage, motivate and work collaboratively in a global, challenging multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
- Willing and able to travel throughout US when required. Travel will play a part in this role and include overnight stays.
- Knowledge of Dotmatics products, such as Browser, Studies, Studies Notebook, Vortex, Inventory, Register, Cascade beneficial.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.