For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Pre-Sales Application Scientist” to join our team.
This role plays an integral part to our sales efforts and is crucial to Dotmatics’ growth and success. You’ll consultatively approach our customer’s challenges, to understand and refine their business issues. This will allow you impact product development and to better position how our Research and Lab informatics solutions can drive innovation and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific and technical presentations to promote our products and services to new and existing customers.
- Develop customised demonstrations based on client’s workflows.
- Conduct prospecting qualification calls, onsite visits and provide technical support in evaluations and POCs.
- Deliver presentations and product seminar tours at scientific conferences as needed.
- Develop sales material, presentations, software demo’s and evaluation material.
- Drive responses for Requests for Information and Request for Proposals (RFI and RFP).
- Work with the Applications Science group to transition customers from the presales process to implementation.
- Deliver product training to marketing & sales on new features/functionality for designated product and domain.
- Draft proposals and statement of works to support correct configuration of licenses and accurate estimates of services.
- Provide marketing competitive intelligence and input for product development.
- Coordinate the delivery of services by departments for presales activities.
- Consult with the customer to understand configuration requirements during the presales process to facilitate accurate estimate of services for contracting.
- Apply knowledge of software implementation methodologies and project management techniques to manage technical and scientific software evaluations, workshops and product demonstrations.
- Work with customers to ensure that current products and services meet their expectations.
- BS, M.Sc., or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical or related fields.
- Experience of commercial or academic informatics tools required (ELN/LIMS or related Lab Informatics solutions).
- Experience of delivering formal technical and software presentations and demonstrations to scientific audiences.
- Experience in pre-sales, project management, technical consulting, or delivering technical training preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight – 40% Travel.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com with your CV. Dotmatics UK Headquarters is based in Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND) with regular trains from Liverpool St and Cambridge.