For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “In-House Legal Counsel” to join our team.
An exciting opportunity presents itself for an experienced Legal Counsel on a full time basis. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for delivering legal services to our global business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiating and preparing information technology contracts across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Providing advice (and managing advice provided by external lawyers) on legal and regulatory issues of importance to the organisation, including international developments and issues in the areas of intellectual property, data protection, open source software and information technology law.
- Advising on commercial matters, including in the areas of trade practices, privacy, contract and some employment law.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of legal management systems.
- Assisting in the development of policies, procedures and training programs for staff on relevant legal issues.
- Legal and policy research where required.
Skills and Requirements
- Currently holding a UK legal practicing certificate and relevant tertiary qualifications.
- 3-7 years PQE, with experience negotiating and drafting intellectual property and information technology contracts.
- Previous in-house experience desirable.
- Knowledge of intellectual property, privacy and trade practices law.
- Experience working in/with US and Europe is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, together with the ability to communicate to people in a range of positions.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and to use initiative.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Dotmatics UK Headquarters is based in Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND) with regular trains from Liverpool St and Cambridge.