For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
An exciting opportunity presents itself for an experienced Legal Counsel on a full time basis. Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for delivering legal services to our global business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiating and preparing information technology contracts across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Providing advice (and managing advice provided by external lawyers) on legal and regulatory issues of importance to the organisation, including international developments and issues in the areas of intellectual property, data protection, open source software and information technology law.
- Advising on commercial matters, including in the areas of trade practices, privacy, contract and some employment law.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of legal management systems.
- Assisting in the development of policies, procedures and training programs for staff on relevant legal issues.
- Legal and policy research where required.
- Currently holding a UK legal practicing certificate and relevant tertiary qualifications
- 3-7 years PQE, with experience negotiating and drafting intellectual property and information technology contracts.
- Previous in-house experience desirable.
- Knowledge of intellectual property, privacy and trade practices law.
- Experience working in/with US and Europe is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, together with the ability to communicate to people in a range of positions.
- Strong drafting skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and to use initiative.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.