For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Cloud Support Technician” to join our team.
You will provide technical support for Dotmatics Application within the Dotmatics Cloud environment. Working in a small team, deploying, upgrading, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining cloud-based systems. This friendly team is training and development focused and we’ll support working towards certifications such as AWS Certified Architect.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating, maintaining and upgrading cloud infrastructure as required.
- Responsible for day to day administration of AWS cloud services.
- Maintaining, upgrading and migrating Dotmatics applications for customers.
- Proactively monitoring the cloud environment troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Recovering systems from backups and snapshots as needed.
- Maintaining the hardened Dotmatics cloud build image.
- Preparing and maintaining documented operating procedures.
- Contribute to new products, feature enhancement and documentation.
- Provide advice to customers and colleagues on AWS and general cloud infrastructure as a service offer and best practices.
- Cloud helpdesk administration.
- Assisting the IOPS team as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience with the following desirable: AWS, Microsoft Systems, Windows Server, Linux.
- Networking experience including routing files and DNS is preferable.
- Windows Server Administration such including troubleshooting, creating accounts, group polices, and command line.
- Knowledge of Linux OS including installing services, and editing and copying files is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Active Directory group policies and security fixes is preferable.
- Exposure to Oracle SQL and understanding syntax is beneficial.
- Proven experience in supporting customer-focused environments.
- Previous experience of network administration.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com with your CV. Dotmatics UK Headquarters is based in Bishops Stortford (CM23 2ND) with regular trains from Liverpool St and Cambridge.