For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Application Scientist” to join our team.
The Application Scientist’s primary role is to implement, configure and develop Dotmatics solutions. In this role you will work closely with our customers to understand their needs, analyse their data environment, assist in design and implementation of our solutions and aid in integration with their data systems. You will also be responsible for demonstrations and training, technical support, and business development where appropriate. This is a highly customer facing role and requires a deep domain knowledge of one or more Chemistry domains including medicinal chemistry, synthetic chemistry, process research and formulation research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present the benefits of Dotmatics software and explain the technical architecture to prospective clients
- Gather and review customer requirements and design integrated Dotmatics suites
- Install and configure Dotmatics software (particularly Browser, Studies, Studies Notebook, Register and ELN)
- Work effectively within a team
- Work closely with Dotmatics developers to propose new projects and aid in the development of future versions of the Dotmatics suite
- BSc, MSc or PhD in chemistry / cheminformatics
- A proven track record working as part of a team delivering quality solutions
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical/Industrial chemistry/Biotech environment highly desirable
- Knowledge of database, data/information management and web architectures preferable
- Motivated, ambitious and self-starter
- Willing to travel as required by the job
- Japanese language skills is required and European language skills desirable but not a necessity
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.