For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Application Scientist’s primary role is to implement, configure and develop Dotmatics solutions. In this role, you will work closely with our customers to understand their needs, analyze their data environment, assist in design and implementation of our solutions and aid in integration with their data systems. You will also be responsible for demonstrations and training, technical support, and business development where appropriate. This is a highly customer facing role and requires a deep domain knowledge of one or more Biology domains including antibody drug discovery, protein production, in-vitro screening and assay development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Present the benefits of Dotmatics software and explain the technical architecture to prospective clients
- Gather and review requirements for configurations.
- Install and configure the Dotmatics suite (particularly Browser, Bioregister, Studies, Studies Notebook, and Inventory).
- Educate customers on the use and configuration of the Dotmatics suite.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Work closely with the development team to suggest and aid in future versions of the Dotmatics suite.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biological Science/Bioinformatics.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- A proven track record working as part of a team delivering quality solutions.
- Knowledge of database, data/information management and web architectures preferable
- Hands on experience of performing molecular biology, antibody drug discovery and protein production preferable.
- Experience in a Pharmaceutical/Biotech environment highly desirable.
- Motivated, ambitious and self-starter.
- Willing to travel as required by the job.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.