For more information, please send a CV/Resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dotmatics is a leading global scientific informatics software and services provider, delivering solutions tailored to the modern, highly collaborative and mobile scientific environments. The company provides solutions to several vertical markets, including the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, food and beverage, oil and gas, personal care and agrochemical industries.
Learn more about Dotmatics here.
Dotmatics’ enterprise solutions are flexible, scalable and configurable, providing effective scientific information management across entire organizations, from discovery research to development and early manufacturing. Dotmatics has significant expertise in scientific informatics, including database management for chemistry and biologics, electronic laboratory notebooks, chemical and biological registration, screening data management, SAR analysis, reporting, and visualization.
Dotmatics is seeking a full-time, experienced “Account Manager” to join our team.
We are looking for a highly-motivated sales person to join our Japanese Sales team, with a proven track record of selling technology and information solutions ideally within the Life Science, drug discover, or chemical and materials markets. You will be expected to effectively and efficiently prospect, develop and close new business. A strong communicator with the ability to clearly articulate an in-depth understanding of our Product, Platform and Solution capabilities to both senior management and scientific end users will be essential for this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a strategic prospecting plan for the territory.
- Drive successful contract negotiations.
- Confidently predict and articulate Dotmatics’ vision to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service and ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Consistently exceed annual sales target by winning new business and developing and maintaining existing accounts.
- Make accurate and rapid cost calculations and provide customers with quotations.
- Maintain an accurate forecast and document all activities in Salesforce.
- Represent Dotmatics at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Gather market and customer information.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience selling enterprise software solutions into a scientific market.
- Appropriate knowledge of data management within Pharmaceutical and Biotech market.
- Proven Track record of closing solutions sales.
- Solution selling approach, with ability to manage multiple complex technical sales in large global organisations.
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with customers and manage complex negotiations with C Level contacts.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to get both internal and external customer commitments.
- Ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Previous experience in the Chemistry, Biology or IT industries required.
- Fluent Japanese, spoken English, and willingness to travel as required by the role.
If you’re looking to join a fast growing, forward thinking company, that helps research organisations accelerate innovation and make better decisions at a quicker pace, Dotmatics wants to talk to you. Please contact email@example.com with your CV. This role is based in Nihonbashi-Hakozaki-cho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo. We have additional offices in Korea, Boston, San Diego, and London.