What it does
Studies lets you design your experiments for plate or non-plate based assays and process your raw instrument data through biological analysis types including %inh, IC/EC50, KI, user-defined analyses, and many more. Once the data is analysed and uploaded to the database everything is searchable and reportable including plots.
- Accessible – Web based, therefore offering convenient access from any location.
- Ease of use – Incorporates a simple user interface for users and admins.
- Integrated – With Browser and Vortex making data instantly available for sharing, searching and reporting.
- Automated – Works with Gateway to provide live reporting to users and links to Register and Bioregister to allow automated screening workflows.
- Time saving – users can manage tasks and work requests.
- Versatile – Designed for all types of study management;
- Screening – plate and non-plate based assays
- %inh, IC/EC50, KI, user-defined analysis.
- Capture and efficiently store images from image analysis.
- Ad-hoc studies, therefore simple enough to use for storing unique studies without the need to generate protocols.
- Chemistry studies to capture chemical structure and experimental information.
- In vivo, therefore define document templates to be completed for each study.
- Ability to capture all data related to an experiment, whether structured or unstructured.
- All data is captured in a highly scalable and extensible data model.
- By default data is stored in an Oracle database.
- Can capture all associated data with a study, for example in documents, reports or as raw data.
- Validation where the option to choose pass and fail criteria at all stages is available and allows counter validation before publishing.
- Curves, fits and underlying parameters are automatically stored in the database.
What have customers said about Studies?
- “Our company was using a rigid Biology system that needed to be upgraded. When we moved to Studies we were surprised by the flexibility and the ease of configuration of new protocols. We didn’t have a dedicated administrator, so the support team from Dotmatics helped us from the beginning, making sure that we were able to gather and analyse our unique assay data. Now we are proficient with the system and we truly appreciate Dotmatics’ special support with the migration of data as well as the training of our team.” Head of preclinical research, Biotech company, Massachussetts, US