Studies Notebook is an Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) that covers all scientific disciplines in a single interface including chemistry and biology experimental data. It is the only truly web-based ELN that allows all entered fields to be fully searchable.
What it does
Users of Studies Notebook can construct an ELN format through a highly configurable form interface to include all the fields required for an experiment. The ELN also interacts with Microsoft office to upload more ad-hoc experimental data to the database. All data uploaded through Studies Notebook is fully searchable.
- No installation – Operates on a server so only requirement is a web browser.
- Versatile – Fully searchable by every field.
- Flexible – Runs on all platforms, including Windows™, Apple Mac, Linux™ and even the Apple iPad.
- Integrated - With Browser and Vortex to allow instant analysis and visualisation.
- Fast paced – Data is instantly available in Browser or third party query tools.
- Automated – Interacts with Gateway to provide live reporting to users.
- Integrates - With Register to allow automated screening workflows.
- Time saving – Manages requests for work.
- Customisable – Automatic calculations can be assigned and also Reagent lookup.
- IP is secured. On completion of a page an encrypted PDF version is captured and stored on the server.
- Search and view live data or link to the read-only PDF.
- Capture chemical structure and experimental information.
- Built-in customisable actions such as quantity, stoichiometry, predicted properties and more.
- Compounds can be registered directly from reaction products.
- Capture and efficiently store images from image analysis.
- Includes ad-hoc studies, making it simple enough to use for storing unique studies without the need to generate protocols.
- All data is captured in a highly scalable and extensible model.
- By default data is stored in an Oracle database.
- All information associated with a study can be captured, such as documents, reports or raw data.
What have customers said about Studies Notebook?
- “We have found the flexibility and ease of use of the Dotmatics tools to be perfectly aligned with our project team’s needs, providing us with a unified platform from which to efficiently manage scientific data” IRBM