At Dotmatics we strive to be forward thinking, driven and excellent in our field of work. If you want to join our expanding team in a rewarding role please take a look at our current job opportunities.
Dotmatics are currently looking for candidates for the position of Junior Java Developer, Applications Scientist and Sales Person.
These positions are available in the UK office and both the West Coast and East Coast offices in the USA.
Job Title: Junior Java Developer
Reports To: Head of Software Development
Job Description: Developing and maintaining our web-based software solutions. You will be expected to think creatively: suggesting and implementing new features; writing novel algorithms and redesigning legacy code. Developing and maintaining our desktop visualisation software. This involves working with the Java Swing environment for creating graphical user interfaces. The role also involves the creation of custom visualisation methods for data analysis. Developing and maintaining tools for simplifying access to data stored in relational databases such as Oracle, MySql, SqlServer and other database systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
As a small company, your work will have an immediate impact on our customers, and you will be expected to be able to manage your work with little supervision.
The role may also require you to visit our customer and partner sites in the UK and beyond to gather requirements, perform maintenance and carry out installations.
Formal training will be provided where needed, but we would expect you to learn ‘hands-on’ alongside more experienced colleagues.
- You will have a degree in Computer Science or similar, or in any scientific discipline with relevant experience.
- Experience in the following is essential: Java, Swing, Oracle, SQL; and Windows.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages is desirable (Perl, PHP, python etc)
Candidates in both the US and EU will be considered.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and skills.
Job Title: Application Scientist
Reports To: Head of Application Science
Job Description: The Application Scientist’s primary role is to implement, configure and develop Dotmatics solutions. In this role you will work closely with our customers to understand their needs, analyse their data environment, assist in design and implementation of our solutions and aid in integration with their data systems. You will also be responsible for demonstrations and training, technical support, and business development where appropriate.
- Install and configure the Dotmatics suite (especially browser, gateway, pinpoint and nucleus).
- Gather and review requirements for customisations.
- Design and implement integration projects.
- Educate customers on the use and customization of the Dotmatics suite
- Present the benefits of the Dotmatics suite and explain the technical architecture, its application.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Seek and propose new projects and customisations.
- Work closely with the development team to suggest and aid in future versions of the Dotmatics suite.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- BSc, Msc or PhD in Computer Science, Science or Mathematics.
- 5+ years experience working for a software or scientific company desirable.
- A proven track record working as part of a team delivering quality solutions.
- Excellent database and data/information management skills.
- Understanding of web architectures and relational databases.
- Understanding of ‘Chemoinformatics’ or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment highly desirable.
- Motivated, ambitious and self-starter.
- Willing to travel as required by the job.
Job Title: Sales Person
Reports To: Head of Sales
We are looking for a highly motivated sales person, who can effectively and efficiently develop and close new business, to join our exciting and inovative organisation.
Key tasks include:
■ Consistently exceed annual sales target by winning new business and developing and maintaining exist accounts
■ Maintain an accurate forecast in Sales Force
■ Increase the pipeline by arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
■ Drive successful contract negotiations
■ Gathering market and customer information
■ Confidently predict and articulate Dotmatics’ vision to customers
■ Represent Dotmatics at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
■ Making accurate and rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations
For more information please send a CV/resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.