Web based, easy to use biological data management system
Bio Register is a web based platform for registering biological entities including sequences (DNA, RNA, Protein), antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates, plasmids, cell lines and user-defined entities. It also enables users to record samples for all of these entities, clone vector, purification and expression information and other protein production data.
What it does
- Registers biological entities.
- Manages data associated with their production, such as protein expression, purification and characterisation.
- Keeps track of sequence information, and any batches of protein produced for those sequences.
- Customisable – Ability to customise the system to your needs.
- Accessible – Entirely web-based therefore can be accessed from anywhere.
- Minimum Overheads - No installation process.
- Start from DNA, not protein sequences
- Keep track of lineage of entities
- Generate mutated sequences using an intuitive sequence editor
- Residue scan facility for fast generation of series of point-mutated sequences
- Combine mutated sequences
- Sequence alignment using tracked relationship to wild type sequence, or using standard (MSA) algorithms
- Automatically calculate properties such as MW, PI and extinction coefficient
- Handle residues/mutations in alternative numbering systems such as protein family numbering and chimeras
- Query sequences, for example, find all your sequences that have a mutation in a specific residue in the protein family numbering system
Protein production data management
- Manage data through the whole protein production process, linked to the biological sequence
- Prevent loss of valuable information by centralised data storage
- Keep track of expression vectors, protein tags, expression levels, purification protocols, protein concentrations and purities.
- Customise the system to your needs and extend the data entries to be stored with each step in the protein production process to meet your specific requirements
- Store any number of documents throughout the process, including images of blots, plots and protocol descriptions
- Web-based implementation, and therefore easy to use, manage and access from anywhere, client installation not required.
What have customers said about Bio Register?
- ” After testing several systems to register our biologicals we found that Bioregister was the easiest to use and configure. It has everything that we needed and it was up and running in a couple of days. The ideal system for a biotech organisation.” CSO, Biotech organisation, England